Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher will retire from football at the end of the season

By Gadiola Emanuel - 5:24:00 AM

END OF A CARRA ... Jamie Carragher is quitting
Medals of honour
JAMIE CARRAGHER can be proud of the shining silverware he's snapped up in his career.
However, there is a glaring absence of a Premier League winner's medal...
Carra's cups:
Two FA Cups (2000-01, 2005-06)
Three League Cups (2000-01, 2002-03, 2011-12)
Two Community Shields (2001, 2006)
Champions League (2004-05)
UEFA Cup (2000-01)
Two Super Cups (2001, 2005)

JAMIE CARRAGHER has sensationally announced he will retire from football at the end of the season.

The Liverpool stalwart, 35, dropped the bombshell this afternoon, calling it quits when his 17th campaign with the club comes to a close.
Carragher said: “This will be my last season at Liverpool and my last as a professional footballer.
“I’m making this announcement now because I don’t want the manager or the club to be answering questions on my future when I’ve already decided what I am going to do.
“I will be fully committed between now and the end of the season to doing the very best for Liverpool football club, as I’ve done my entire career since joining aged just nine-years-old.
“It has been a privilege and an honour to represent this great club for as long as I have and I am immensely proud to have done so and thankful for all the support I have had."

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments