BONGO ACT ,BELLE 9 YET TO RESPOND TO CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

By Gadiola Emanuel - 6:49:00 AM


After Kenyan singer Slim G accused Tanzanian bongo singer, Belle 9, of stealing his latest single dubbed Najma and recording a similar one, Belle 9 is still to respond.
 Slim G told Hot Secrets, “All I know is that I sent the song to various radio stations in Mwanza and Dar es Salaam. I don’t know how Belle 9 ended up with a song similar to mine in melody, chorus and even word for word. The only difference is that he has altered the bridge.”
Slim G found out about the new song by Belle 9 through his producer’s friend from Tanzania who said the song is been sold on the streets in Tanzania.

“It is painful that someone has taken my song and done a similar one, marketing it as his own. I first recorded the song in September 2010 at Sulphers Studio with my producer Shaquay,” Slim said, “This cannot be a coincidence. Belle 9 is a good artiste and he can do better than that and not infringe on the copyright of my song.”
Slim plans on taking up the copy right infringement by the Tanzanian act  with the Music Copyright Society of Kenya.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments